I love helping individuals find reliable answers to their credit, personal finance, and small business financial questions. Known as an
expert on credit and small business topics, I've been interviewed in more than 4,500
news interviews including The Today Show, Dateline NBC, The New York Times, USA Today and Reader's Digest. I've also tested before Congress on consumer credit legislation.
I've also answered more than 10,000 credit questions online.
As a financial writer, I have written hundreds of articles for various magazines and websites.
Read some of my articles here.
I am also the author or co-author of six books:
- Finance Your Own Business: Get On The Financing Fast Track , co-authored with small business attorney and Rich Dad Advisor Garrett Sutton (SuccessDNA 2016). Get a free copy of this book when you sign up for a free Nav account here.
- Debt Collection Answers: How to Use Debt Collection Laws to Protect Your Rights.
- Reduce Debt, Reduce Stress (Good Advice Press)
- The Ultimate Credit Handbook (Plume), which was featured in Money magazine as one of the five best new personal finance books of the year when released.
- Invest In Yourself: Six Secrets to a Rich Life (Wiley)
- Slash Your Debt: Save Money & Secure Your Future (Financial Literacy Center).
As an educator, I've created two online courses, as well as created and delivered numerous webinars. For six years I served as education director for Nav, where I helped individuals and business owners navigate the confusing world of consumer and small business credit. Prior to that I was education director at Credit.com.
For three years, I was the host of a weekly live radio program, Talk Credit Radio which I also turned into a podcast. I've also been a guest on numerous podcasts.
As a speaker, I've addressed both consumer and industry audiences. As just a couple of examples, I was a featured speaker in an 18-city speaking tour sponsored by a major financial institution, and a multi-city speaking tour to Air Force bases. You can see my speaking schedule here.
I reach thousands of consumers every month through these websites, as well as many others to which I contribute articles.
I hold a BA in International Business / Political Affairs from Taylor University, and an MA in Adult Education / Psychology from Vermont College.
On a personal note, I am a proud mom of a smart young woman. I love to accumulate credit card points so I can travel, and recently became a digital nomad, traveling the world while I work.
I hope you find the resources I share here helpful!