Beyond Dave Ramsey - Building Wealth
by Gerri Detweiler
Many of my listeners are Dave Ramsey fans, and with good reason. He provides some terrific advice for getting on a solid financial footing. But after you've gotten out of debt and built your emergency savings, what’s next?
My guest Todd Tressider of FinancialMentor.com joins me to share strategies for building wealth. Join us as Todd shares:
- Why trying to save or invest your way to wealth is so difficult.
- The essential role of leverage – nobody gets wealthy without it.
- The 3 asset classes – business, real estate, paper assets – and the proper role each plays in wealth building.
- How your strategy and time frame must be consistent with the asset class chosen and the resources available to you.
- The importance of a wealth plan, what it is, what it isn’t, and what it does for you.
And be prepared to be shocked when you hear how much less you need in retirement savings if you can just cut your spending by $1000!
And if your "retirement plan" went south during the economic downturn, don't worry, He has advice for you too! This episode aired live September 29, 2012.
About My Guest
Todd Tressider is a Former hedge fund manager who “retired” at age 35. He’s an investor, father of 2, husband, active outdoor enthusiast and founder of FinancialMentor.com
, a financial education website focused on the next step beyond personal finance; wealth building, retirement planning, and investment strategy.
Other Podcast From This ShowBalance Transfer Offers are Back